Today we are meeting with our sponsor (Kirsten, education officer at Truro Cathedral) to discuss the final outcomes of the project. We are hoping this will give us more focus in regards to what we are working torwards.
As part of this, we have developed a few more goals and potential changes for this website:
- Go back to the Cornwall Record Office to look at two diaries of St Austell women that mention Richard’s death – this may give an insight into the effect of his death at home. Also take pictures of letters from Richard to his mother and to assistants at Jaeger (where Richard bought his clothes).
- Visit St Austell – look at Penrice House, the memorials in both the Holy Trinity Church and St Levan’s Church. Try to find the original building of Shilson & Coode (that the family employed in trying to obtain pensions etc.).
- More secondary reading in relation to the themes of loss and memorialisation.
- Upload more pictures/information to this website.
- Start thinking of more ways for our project to appeal to children e.g. possible interactive worksheets online such as ‘create your own newspaper entry’.